Key tax deadlines for 2018 Q3
There are many tax deadlines throughout the year, but here we list the ones that apply to businesses and other employers during the third quarter of 2018.
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for second quarter 2018 (Form 941), and pay any tax due. (There may be an exception- see deadline for August 10th)
- File a 2017 calendar-year retirement plan report (Form 5500 or Form 5500-EZ) or request an extension.
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for second quarter 2018 (Form 941), if you deposited on time and in full all the associated taxes due.
- For C corporations on a calendar-year, pay the third installment of 2018 estimated income taxes.
- For S corporations on a calendar-year, or partnership that filed an automatic six-month extension:
- File a 2017 income tax return (Form 1120S, Form 1065 or Form 1065-B) and pay any tax, interest and penalties due.
- Make contributions for 2017 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans.
Please be aware that this list does not include all tax deadlines, only the main ones. It is important for you to talk with an accountant if there may be additional deadlines that apply to you. We urge you to stay in communication with your CPA to verify that you are meeting all applicable deadlines, to learn more about the filing requirements, and to avoid large penalty fees.